See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day one of my new attitude

The walls close in on me as I realize what I must do. I have to change. I HATE change. I never leave a job, I am married to the same man, hell, I have the same pj pants from 2000. But now, I have to change my approach at this whole getting published thing. I have had six requests for partials and they have all been nos with things like this:

“Thanks for sending along the opening pages of Emmy's Song. Truth be told, though, I’m afraid these pages just didn't draw me in as much as I had hoped. I'm pressed for time these days and, what with my reservations about the project, I suspect I wouldn't be the best fit.”

So what does that tell you? I need to go back to the drawing board right? I need to do something better, be something better. My friends read it and they all say, “It’s great, you should be proud of yourself!” But obviously its not and I have a lot to learn. I’m starting over, from the top. Out with the old, in with the new.

2 comments:

  1. If you're getting requests for partials, however, you must be doing something right. But, sometimes "out with the old" is an approach you need to take. Good luck with reworking or manuscript if that what you're going to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That manuscript I mentioned on your latest post? LOL I think I had one of my partial rejections match yours verbatim. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena