See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Don't tell me what to write..

So here is what I hate. I HATE it when people tell people what to write. “Stay away from vampires.” That’s all I am hearing. I don’t know why! I am thirty years old and have been an avid vampire book reader since I was a teen. (Vampire Diaries) I will always read them and there will always be a market for them. Are they overdone? I don’t think so. They will always get my $ at the book store. If you are not a person like that, you are not the target audience for my book and you probably should keep your opinion about that aspect of it to yourself. Have something to say about POV, voice, grammar, have at it. But leave the vampire things alone. It’s not going to change.

While we are on the subject, here is why I think we can’t get enough of vampires…

We all have this struggle between who we are and who we want to be, between right and wrong, between acceptable and not acceptable behavior. A vampire is the epitome of this. Forced into a life they didn’t choose, left to struggle with their nature and what they know is right. Yes, there are the evil ones that are happy to be blood-hungry monsters and then there are those who have a conscience and do everything they can to not be what they are. Isn’t that the way humanity is. In a much broader spectrum on a much deeper level, but really, aren’t we all just trying to do the right thing?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do believe in vampires. J

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena