See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Spooky Town

There is a town in Florida called Cassadaga. People travel from all over to visit this town. Not for a them park or a water park, nothing typical of the sunshine state. They travel to Cassadaga because it is a Spiritualist Camp where you can have your palm read, ora drawn, and cards dealt. About seven months ago a few friends and I decided to see what all the fuss was about so we packed up in a Honda CRV and headed down there. It was a fun trip, that’s for sure. We even had a theme song.. “Won’t you take me to..spooky town..” Haha, get it? Anyway, we get there and my friend Courtney pays for me to have a reading which I am thinking is a load of crap when I sit down with the lady. I like her right of the bat. She is funny and insightful. I feel like I am having a good conversation with a smart woman and getting good advice on my life. I still don’t believe she has said anything prolific. Then I ask her about my book. If I will ever get published. She immediately says yes. Now I’m thinking she is just trying to make me feel better because there is no way I will ever get published. She says the first one will be a flop. That it will get published but there will be something I write later that will speak to people. That will be my shining moment and then folks will come back to this book. She tells me to read The Shack, which is evidently about a man whose little girl is taken and murdered and then he goes to the shack where they find her body and talks to God. (I have a serious aversion to all that sort of stuff, it makes me sick to my stomach so I haven’t read that yet.) I smile, say thank you, and leave. Happy but not affected.


Well, here we are…and now I’m getting published. Dude. DUDE! Really, I didn’t think I would ever, ever, ever get published in any form. Kinda crazy. I guess I should read that book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena