See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Reviews for Emmy’s Song

As promised, here are the first two reviews of Emmy’s Song. I am happy to say, I think they liked it. ;)

First Reviews for Emmy’s Song
~Provided by Howling Good Books

For all you Twilighters, you will love this tale. From the beginning I thought I knew exactly where this was heading. Girl meets boy, falls in love with boy, finds herself in mortal danger, boy rescues her from said danger. Well I was proven that even though I have read numerous books with those guidelines that that is not all there is to it. Though I wished for something completely out of the molding, I did enjoy the beginning to this series. I would recommend this to the older teen, due to some sensual moments.
~ Teen Reviewer

Emmy’s Song by Christy Trujillo intrigued me from the get go. As I read it started to remind me of Twilight, but with a slight Spanish flair that, to me, added a little more intrigue. I enjoyed the very differences that distinguished this from Twilight. For me it was less emo, maybe because the main female character seems to have her life planned out. She wants more out of her life than just to be part of a couple, she has actual plans. Her love and pride of her family also make Emmy stand out in my mind. I look forward to seeing more of the Maldito series, and hope to learn more of these interesting factions of Vampire Hunters in the future. Although the main characters are in High School and in their teens because of the sensual images within Emmy’s Song I do suggest this as a more mature young adult reader, 16 and up.
~Nicole, Owner, Howling Good Books

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena