See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Friday, December 28, 2012

Five Words

Please send the full manuscript.


Thanks.


Best Five words I’ve seen in a long time…well, six if you count the 'Thanks' and shouldn’t manners always count? Back in 2009, when I saw those words for Emmy’s Song it was the same feeling. This crazy euphoric high that doesn’t compare to anything you’ve ever felt before. As writers we get a lot of rejection, which, you’d think I would be used to by now but I’ll be honest and say it still hurts every time. When that one YES comes in, it’s like someone gave me a life jacket as I sit in a sinking boat and I hang on, for the next ship, the next vest, the next…whatever.

We all need validation at one point or other. I’ve published 5 books and you’d think that would be validation enough but it’s not. Why? Because everyone I need to feel validated from doesn’t consider an eBook as being published. I’m from a dirt road in Bryceville…it is what it is. I’ve accepted it. Perhaps once I’m finally in print and can hand them all something tangible and say, “Here! Does this count? Can you say it now? I’m an author! Say it!” (Ohh, very Twilightish just then) I’ll feel whatever it is my soul still needs to feel and not worry with it any longer.

Who knows. Either way, I’m happy to have received those five words. Now, I just need one: Accepted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena