See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Olde City New Blood CON!


I registered for my very first book conference today. I’m so excited because A) it’s super close, like 20 minutes away so I don’t have to pay for hotel, B) there will be a ton of authors I like there as well as Entangled Publishing, and C) I’m finally doing what the psyshic told me to do, which is go to conferences.
I’m not sure what happens at these things, I assume there will be some Q&A with the authors, perhaps with Entangled as well. I hope to gather some advice and network with other folks like myself; it’s nice to know I’m not alone.

Here is the link if it’s something you’re interested in: http://oldecitynewblood.wordpress.com/
As for the rest of my life, things are slowly getting back to normal without Pops. My husband still isn’t the same. Sadly, I think this kick-started his mid-life crisis. Joy. We’ve weathered worse, though, so I’m sure we’ll push our way through this as well.
I’m finished with PwF and am now revising, which could go on forever with me. Nothing is ever good enough. I know what it needs to be. I know what it has to have in its most basic form to be coupled with a marketing plan and equal a wildly successful book. Does it have that? I think it does. Now, I just need a publisher with a marketing plan. ;) And an editor. A brutal, intelligent, loves my voice and won’t try to change it, editor. Does one such as this exist? I can but hope.

I think I’m going to just keep right on going with PwF 2, you know, while it’s all still with me. LLL and FireFlys will just have to wait, along with Dreams, Gemini and Nightlights in Heaven. Yes, I admit to having Literary Schizophrenia.
I also entered a little contest over at NA Alley, so perhaps something will come of that. I’ll let you know.

Until then, my friends.

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena