See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sarah's Fate

Do you hear it? The drum roll that is growing louder and louder… or perhaps that’s just in my head. Wouldn’t be the first time! Today marks the release of the third and final novel in the Maldito Series, Sarah’s Fate. I still can’t believe that I’m a published author. I was perched on the edge of insecurity for about a year, expecting my publisher to call and say they changed their minds at any moment. But, a call never came and here we are, three books later.

Being an eAuthor is hard and I think being an eAuthor of YA is even harder because the vast majority of your audience doesn’t have the ability to purchase things online. On the flip side, I do think young people are more open to the thought of ebooks as they have only known this technological world and think it normal to live your entire life online-including reading a book.

I still long to be in print. There are so many people that look at me with strange expressions when they ask where they can get my books and I say online. They kind of give me the, ohhh, it’s not a real book, look. I do have a few folks in my life that think I’m awesome and have totally encouraged me the whole way. My friend and now boss, Kathryn who was the one that said I should make it a goal to be published by the time I was 30 and not to give up when I started getting the dreaded rejections letters! My friends, Courtney, Alissa, and Maria who have read and purchased all of the books, my friend Heather who gave me the courage in the first place and my sister who continues to be there for me and remind me that I don’t suck when I start to think that I do. My one and only far away fan, Trevor who never fails to say exactly what I need to hear and Chris and Sarah for continuing to give me material to put in my books. These are the people that never let me down, that are there for me no matter what and never let me give up.

I hope that you will see my name on your local bookstore shelves soon but for now, I’m just so thankful for the opportunity to share my world with everyone. I hope you have as much fun here as I do. =)

Sarah’s Fate:
http://www.devinedestinies.com/shopdevine/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=24&flypage=ebook_flypage&product_id=1205&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=69

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena