See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Early New Year/2013 Muse Online Writers Conference

It’s 5:28 am and I’m supposed to be working on my WIP, which I am, I just have a little more to say to you right now than Lea does to Philip.

First, I need to tell you that I’m hosting a workshop at the 2013 Muse Online Writers Conference about the editing process. You should totally come and tell everyone you know to do the same! Registration is free, but you do have to be registered to participate in the forums. So, go get registered! http://themuseonlinewritersconference.com/

Okay, no, It’s not new year’s or anything, but I kinda feel like it is. We decided last night that we’re moving to this cute little (huge) house over in this quiet neighborhood closer to civilization. (See photo to the right) I have no idea if anyone reads these or keeps up with this, but if you do you probably know that around this time last year is when we lost our house. It affected me greatly. I never liked this house that we moved to, everyone was rushing me to pick something and this ended up being it. Needless to say, I wasn’t happy. Not here, not with my life, not with anything. Sometimes life, fate…whatever you want to call it, gives you a kick in the butt and you remember what you have and what you’d be nothing without. I’ve spent the last seven months fighting to keep my family together, in this house that now we all hate. So, no, it’s not new year’s but I feel like it is for us. A new house, a new start, a new chance at happy. It’s never too late to live happily ever after.

Again, I have no idea who follows this, but if you know about us losing our house, you probably also know that I found out in January I would be published in hard copy by Crescent Moon Press. Something they don’t tell you: IT TAKES FOREVER! I haven’t even seen my cover yet. Edits took months, just because it was a back and forth process and you can’t rush those things. During that time, you really start to doubt yourself. Is it even good enough? Do I want lots of people to read it because then they’ll review it and what if they hate it, of course they’ll hate it because it’s shit! So that’s a fun mantra to have running through your head all the time. Is there such a thing as a confident writer?

Well anywho, here we are October 2 and things are looking up. Hope your year has been better than mine and next year is even better for both of us.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena