See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Good with The Bad


I can’t watch the news. All they’re talking about is the shooting. I mean…it’s news. Why wouldn’t they talk about it? But my Lord and Baby Jesus it’s sad. How does one get to that point? Kill your parents, I get it. They did…whatever. But innocent folks? Innocent KIDS? I’m sure we’ll find out more about him as time goes on (Perhaps you already know. As I said, I’m not watching the news.) but I can’t fathom what would put someone there, in that spot. Maybe he felt like he was protecting them from the world? All I know is a mom, a mom who may very well have fought with her kid about going to school since it was the last day before Christmas break, dropped her kid off and will never get to pick them up. MY GOD, I cannot even imagine…I mean, just typing this makes my throat close up and tears are coming to fill my eyes. I want to do something, but I don’t know what. Is there a fund or something? For the parents who didn’t have insurance and can’t afford a funeral? I don’t know. I just know it’s awful.

We moved into the new house and I love it. Mostly, I love my office. I’m in it now with the windows open. The cats are sitting in the windowsills and we’re listening to the crickets and 3rd & Union. Myron framed my book covers, got me brand new everything and hung lights, just like the picture I showed him on Pinterest. Probably the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done for me. I’m trying to be a better wife, or at least do things that I know make him happy…like color coordinate the clothes in my closet and cook dinner and be more welcoming to guests. LOL He’s a simple man. I’m happy. Happy to the point that I’m waiting for something to come along and take it away. Honestly, only one thing could mess this up and it’s so gone I don’t even remember what it sounds like.

See below for pics of my awesome office where I WILL write the book that lets me stay in it all day and write. Amen.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena