See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Hunger Games






My friend Alissa told me to read The Hunger Games three months ago. “I need to do that,” I would tell her. I guess I was hesitant because I don’t like dystopia AND I felt they were only popular because Stephenie Meyer promoted them. Well, when my husband bought me my Kindle Fire (Which I FREAKING love) I had a free month of Prime so I ‘rented’ it from the Kindle Library. No great loss if I hated it, right? Ummkay, let me just say right now Alissa was right and I should have listened to my friend who knows me very well. Oh.My.God. From the moment Katniss took Prim’s spot I was hooked. The way it was written, you could hear the desperation in her voice through the words…amazing. I’m 100% Team Peeta and don’t know how anyone could be team Gale. He’s cute and all and Peta is amazing and has clearly been in love with her for years. Unless Gale pulls out some unexpected move of awesomeness, I’m Team Peeta all the way!
I’m halfway through the second book right now. They are, in a way, better than Twilight. I KNOW, I know… Eclipse is still my favorite book of ever in the history of ever, but these books make you think. Sometimes, I’ll read something the Capitol has done and literally look around for someone to agree with me about the injustice of it all. Could we ever allow this to happen? Would we EVER allow such a thing? Throughout history times of great change have been brought upon by one person standing up and saying, ‘No. This isn’t right, I’m not gonna do it, and I don’t care what you do to me.’  It only takes one brave soul, and usually people will overcome their fear of persecution with what’s right. But what if we didn’t? What if we were so beaten down by a government that we were too scared to do anything? Or even worse, what if some of us sat by allowing these things to happen to millions of others?
Um. Hey. Isn’t that kind of happening right now?  Smaller scale, less broad of a spectrum, but still. We’re far, far away from subjecting our children to a fight to the death but if we don’t make a stand soon, who knows where we’ll end up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena