See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Soul Mate

I read once that the notion of a soul mate comes from Greek mythology. “Originally humans were combined of four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them all in half, condemning them to spending their lives searching for the other half to complete them.” I don’t know if I buy it. I want to. I want to feel like there is that one person who can make you feel complete and fulfilled but I just…don’t. Love is too fickle. Too many things can change over the years, over the course of your relationship with another to depend on someone else for that. We need to complete ourselves and then if someone else wants to be the icing on our perfectly baked cake, then sure. Why the hell not? I asked a few people if they bought the whole soul mate thing. It was about 50/50 to be honest. My logical friends, the ones that don’t cry at movies or believe in fairytales of course said no. My other friends, the ones that are usually more like me, dreamers…passionate…hopeful… they all said yes, without a doubt. I don’t know if I’m with them on this one. We come into this world alone and we leave alone. Perhaps, that’s how it was meant to be. We should rest in the harbor of our own souls and hearts, not interfering with others. We shouldn’t be taught that someone will love us with a love so strong it can stand the test of time, because we won’t. We shouldn’t trust our emotions because they are foolish and we shouldn’t listen to our heart because it is blind. Though, if given the choice between being a calm harbor or an ever sailing ship searching for her captain, I think I would take my chances at sea. Yes, the water is rough at times and nights at sea can be lonely but what is a ship for if not to sail? And what is a heart for if not to love? I don’t know if the concept of a soul mate is something to believe in or not, but love and the ability to give and receive it is. My sister read my palm and told me I have two soul mates out there somewhere. Maybe one day…they will find me or maybe, just maybe, they have already sailed past me.

emo love Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comments:

  1. Ahh soul mates. They seem to show up in everything I write. Hmm, wonder why? Perhaps I have a bit of the fairytale syndrome.

    ReplyDelete

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena