See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Youth is Wasted on the Young

Youth is wasted on the young. I used to get so aggravated when I heard this comment. How absurd. Why would anyone think that, there is a time to be young and a time to be old. Now that I’m not ‘young’ anymore, the truth behind these words is all too clear.

I can see both sides of the spectrum though; I remember what it was like to be young. I’m not one of those adults that will preach at kids/teens on the things they need to do and accomplish. But even if for one week, to be young again and have the concerns/worries that they do vs. the concerns/worries that I do, my heart would be a little lighter. The term I mention above refers to ones ability to take advantage of your current situation as most kids/teens do not. Someone is paying the bills for you, you have the opportunity to absorb all of the knowledge you can get your hands on, and you have yet to need to be concerned for anyone but yourself. OH.MY.GOD. Do you have any idea how good that sounds to me right now? If I could be in school, if I could have someone paying the bills for me, if I didn’t have to wake up and go to sleep worrying about the wellbeing of this six-year-old, wow. The things I could accomplish.

While youth isn’t literally wasted on the young, they deserve their chance to be that way; it is wasted on the unappreciative. Take advantage, pay attention, and have some fun, kids. It’s a whole different ballgame when you’re ‘old.’

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena